WHO (World Health Organization) Rehydration Drink Recipe
The “Simple Solution” – Home made Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS) Recipe
- 1 (one) Litre solution using Salt, Sugar and Water at Home
- Mix an oral rehydration solution using one of the following recipes; depending on ingredients and container availability:
- Half (1/2) teaspoon of Salt
- Six (6) teaspoons of Sugar
- One Litre of clean drinking or boiled water and then cooled – 5 cupfuls (each cup about 200 ml.)
- Stir the mixture till the salt and sugar dissolve.